History & Geography
The first known references to Quinta do Crasto can be traced back to 1615. In 1918, Quinta do Crasto was purchased by Constantino de Almeida, founder of the famous Constantino Port house. Following his death in 1923, his son, Fernando de Almeida, continued to run the Quinta, producing stellar Port wines. In 1981, Fernando de Almeida’s daughter, Leonor Roquette, and her husband, Jorge Roquette, assumed majority ownership and management of the estate. With the help of their sons, Miguel and Tomás, they began the process of remodelling and expanding the vineyards and facilities to enable the production of top quality Port and Douro wines. Quinta do Crasto has now reclaimed its rightful status as one of the great family estates of the Douro region.