History & Geography
At the end of the 19th century, the Chabanneau family acquired Château Bouscaut. Since 1881 the Castle has been renamed according to a place called Le Bouscaut to replace Châtau Haut-Truchon. The various owners throughout the twentieth century were very dedicated to improving and transforming both the vineyard and the château. The neighbouring property, Château Valoux, became part of Bouscaut in 1929. In 1979, Château Bouscaut was acquired by Lucien Lurton, a well-known Bordeaux winemaker, owner of already ten other prestigious wine estates. Since 1992 it is now Sophie Lurton, Lucien Lurton's daughter who is running the estate with her husband, Laurent Cogombles, an agranomist. The Château Valoux, 4 * gîte, has been welcoming since 2013 up to 10 people or 4 people (gîte specially equipped for people with reduced mobility) and 6 people in two adjoining gîtes: (wwww.chateau-valoux.com) In 2018, Château BOUSCAUT becomes HVE 3: exploitation with High Environmental Value.