History & Geography
The farm dates back to 1692. The oldest buildings were erected in the late 17th century, with the manor house dating back to 1777. After the property was bought by the current owner in 2007, French architect Patrice Taravella, owner of Prieuré Notre Dame d’Orsan (near Bourges in France), designed the garden. Over the next few years pergolas, gravel pathways and water canals were built. During 2009 the gardeners started preparing the soil and did most of the planting for the formal garden. Babylonstoren opened its doors to the public in November 2010.