History & Geography
In 1945, a land called “Sítio dos Termos” or “Vilela”, later known as Quinta dos Termos, is bought by Alexandre Carvalho. Located in Carvalhal Formoso, near Belmonte, a rugged region of granitic and poor soils in a beautiful landscape, the farm was composed by vineyards, rye fields and a farmer's house. In the early 80's, the farm was rented and the vineyards were almost destroyed. In 1993, when the renting ceased, the farm activity returned to the family and Alexandre Carvalho’ son, João Carvalho, took in charge an important vineyard project. João Carvalho, a textile factory managing partner, and professor in the University of Beira Interior, decided to start the restructuration of the vineyards. New vineyards were planted and today the farm has about 60 ha in full production, in a total of about 200 ha of Estate.
Submit a Review