About the winery
Ramos Pinto was founded in 1880 and, for several decades, its history has been marked by a balance between innovation and respect for tradition. The House is known for producing and selecting the best grapes, its knowledge of terroir and for pioneering the launch of New Douro wines all over the world. Today, Ramos Pinto retains its position as a traditional House producing top quality wines. In the quest for excellence, Ramos Pinto is independently run to this day, which enables the House to conduct continuous technical and technological research. The House owns four estates in the Douro: Quinta do Bom Retiro and Quinta da Urtiga, in the heart of the region, as well as Quinta dos Bons Ares and Quinta de Ervamoira in the Douro Superior. Committed to improving its bond with nature and the environment, Ramos Pinto is working towards this achievement by implementing organic farming and increasing biodiversity in the vineyard.
Learn more about Ramos Pinto and their facilities at: