About the winery
The winery’s vineyards extend across the green hill that overlooks the plains of Rose, the contrada where the Pacelli estate stands tall, dominated by the hunting lodge of the noble La Costa family. This ancient residence dates back to the end of the 1700s. With its four crenelated towers, it also served as an outpost and observatory. Our respect for nature can be seen in the way our vineyard is cultivated with painstaking care. Actually, chemical fertilizers are not allowed in the vineyard, and we favour the use of cover cropping, which is common in organic farming. The winery, which is located among the lush hills north of Consenza and below the Pollino massif, was owned by the La Costa noble family of Calabria. Francesco Pacelli’s family on his mother’s side descended from this family of barons. The La Costa family had properties in the town of Malvito dating back to 1700, and this included an ancient Norman castle. The castle was later donated to the town, which renovated it.
Learn more about Tenute Pacelli and their facilities at: