History & Geography
Ca’ Bolani owes its name to the ancient Venetian family of the Counts Bolani. Bishop Domenico Bolani (1514 – 1579) introduced the famous architect Andrea Palladio to the region. Aquileia was one of the Roman Empire most important capitals where wine production was introduced after its founding in 181 B.C. In the 1st century B.C., Pliny the Elder cited that the local wine ‘Pucinum’ was one of the most prestigious wines of the empire, particularly appreciated by Emperor Augustus’ wife, Livia. Viticultural practices were developed in the area throughout the following centuries. The Estate was acquired and given new life by the Zonin family in 1970.