History & Geography
It was 1937 when Giacomo Bottarelli, an industrialist in Brescia in the stockings sector, decided to transform what until then had been only a family passion for viticulture into a serious business commitment. Here, in the small Picedo hamlet, the company was located, which soon characterized the image of this small village in the hills of the upper Valtenesi as the true productive heart of the Garda Bresciano viticulture. In 1959, after Giacomo's death, the two sons Franco and Valerio collected the father's inheritance and in 1967, to give vent to youthful enthusiasm and a sincere attachment to tradition, they left their uncle to create the current Franco & Valerio Bottarelli Farm , or a modern company resulting from a balanced combination of past, present and future. Since the late seventies, following the death of the still young Franco, Valerio has remained the sole owner and runs the company with the support of the third generation, his sons Stefano and Roberto.