History & Geography
Today the Winery is ruled by Wine-Idealists Norbert Spielmann & Christoph Dinkel. This time-honoured Estate was built by Peter Herrschaft in 1594, a succesfull wine merchant at this time. After Peter Herrschaft, the Earls from Wertheim, who were living in the castle, took over the Estate,which has been running in Kreuzwertheim for over 400Years. In 1630 the owners digged an extra cellar for the Wines of the swedish Soldiers. This Cellar was visited by the King Gustav Adolf in 1631 during the 30year war.End of the 18th Century the famous german Poet Johann Wolfgang von Goethe was a great promoter and Lover of the Wines from Wertheim, that were shipped along the Rivers Main and Rhine down to the Netherlands. In 1806 the old county of Wertheim was partitioned by Napoleon Bonaparte and shared between Baden and Bavaria with the River Main defined as the border. After another Cellar built in 1884, the Cellar was complete with 700qm² in the 1950ies.