History & Geography
In 1896, Baron Cyprien de Crozals, an heir of a huge fortune of wine order to the famous architect bordelaise Louis-Michel Garros, the restoration of the Château Les Carrasses, creating the current buildings. Some centuries and years later, the Castles are still in the Crozals family. It’s in 2008 that Karl O’Hanlon and Laurent Bonfils, whose were looking for a domain to renove, bought the Château Les Carrasses to the Baron Paul de Chefdebien. The Domain was abandoned for 20 years. Same as the other castel, the Château St Pierre de Serjac, the production has been moved in the modern infrastructure of Domaine de Cibadiès, close to the current incarnation of the domain, opening it’s door in 2013. We wanted Les Carrasses to be a place wholly informed by and respectuf of it’s tradition, but at the same time a modern place, attuned to the requirements and tastes of a contemporary guests.