History & Geography
The personal secretary of King Louis XIV, Phelippeau de Pontchartrain, had acquired this hunting residence located near the forests of the Royal Abbey of Fontevraud and the so good vineyard land located just above, and donated it in 1655 to his daughter who married a certain Joseph Gigault de Targé-Parnay. Edouard Pisani-Ferry, just graduated as an agronomist in viticulture at the ENSA of Montpellier, took charge of the estate in 1976. He began by building a modern winery, equipped with thermoregulated tanks. He then set out, in the 1990s, to enlarge and improve the vineyard by acquiring ever better soils. It begins to introduce from this period operating practices respectful of vineyards and the environment. Since 2000, it adheres to the "Terra Vitis" certified certified reasoned agriculture, which imposes a rigorous traceability of the processes in the vineyard and in the Chai.
Submit a Review