History & Geography
The house was founded by Pierre Taittinger in 1932 when he took over Champagne Fourneaux situated in Reims with their magnificant 4th century Roman Cellars. Since then the family have acquired nearly 300 ha of vineyards in the Cotes des Blancs and the Montagne de Reims. Our origins date back to 1734 with the founding of the original House by Jacques Fourneaux. The link to the Taittinger name was established by our founder Pierre Taittinger. Pierre spent time in the Champagne region during the First World War, stationed at the Château de la Marquetterie. He fell in love with the region and this remarkable property returning in the 1930s to acquire it, set up the family business and realise his dream. Today, we remain the only Grande Marque Champagne House to be owned and actively managed by the eponymous family. Champagne for the Independently Minded.
Submit a Review